Empower Capital preferred target company has a solid track record and potential for leadership position in its respective industry. We invest in companies with competitive business model and find it particularly attractive if the company is managed by an experienced team, presents opportunities for vertical and/or horizontal integration, and regional expansion, and generates annual turnover in the range of EUR 3 – 25 million.
Type of financing
We provide funding in the form of equity or quasi-equity instruments.
Size of Investment
Our investments range from EUR 0.25m to EUR 3m. As a co-investment fund, we have the capability, by partnering with other investors, to structure transactions requiring equity capital up to EUR 10m, always on a pari-passu basis.
We negotiate direct equity stakes of 10-40% and equity stakes related to quasi-equity instruments (such as warrants or options) of up to 25%, depending on the valuation of the target company and on the size of the agreed investment.
We work hard to maintain expertise across a variety of industries, including retail, light industry, transportation and logistics, food processing, technology, healthcare, and hospitality sectors.
We invest in companies in early stage and growth stage of development.
We invest only in Bulgaria-based companies
Empower Capital works closely with its portfolio companies, both on operational and strategic level. We strive to create world-class, industry-leading companies by:
- Developing strategic planning and strategy deployment processes
- Optimizing internal organization, administration and financial controlling
- Enhancing operating cash cost structure
- Continuously analyzing customer and product profitability
- Introducing and maintaining highest standards for product quality, customer service and manufacturing efficiency
- Focusing on returns-driven capital investment
- Improving employee training